Individuals are either found in the community and meet eligibility criteria, or are assigned to Little Treasures directly by the Health Home.
- The individual is outreached, located, engaged and enrolled
- Once enrolled, the Care Manager identifies areas of need and current providers in the individual’s care team, and referrals are given to fill gaps in service
- The Care Manager and individual collaboratively build a care plan that outlines goals, barriers and strengths
- The Care Manager collaborates with the various treatment providers in the care team to ensure individual compliance and continuity of care
- If the individual is hospitalized or otherwise involved in a critical event, the Care Manager takes the lead on transitional care planning and stabilization
How much does it cost?
This is a Medicaid managed program in which Medicaid pays for Care Management services for those who are eligible. It does not cost you anything to enroll!! This is a completely voluntary service.
If you have Medicaid or a Medicaid Managed Insurance Plan or believe you may qualify for Medicaid, think about the following questions:
- Do you have a chronic or mental health condition(s) that requires you to see your doctor regularly for care?
- Do you have a doctor within your neighborhood whom can see you whenever you need to?
- How often did you go to the emergency room or hospital in the past six months or twelve months?
- Do you have a safe place to live?
- Do you need someone in your life to help you whenever you need help?
- Are you able to keep track of your medical appointments?