Required Skills for Health Home Care Managers
In order to be successful as a Health Home Care Manager, you need exceptional interpersonal skills to speak on behalf of the individuals and advocate for their well-being are required, such as:
* Good listening skills are important, since care managers need to fully understand the individuals’ concerns
* The Care Managers should have the compassion and patience to work daily with individuals going through difficult medical situations
* Treatment doesn’t always go as planned, so as care managers, you must be flexible with solid problem solving skills to keep individuals healthy. Having organizational and time management abilities is a must for Health Home Care Managers to coordinate care for multiple individuals at various stages of recovery and maintain overall health and well-being.
Degree and Educational Requirements
Candidates with LCSW or MSW degrees are preferred. However, we are also interested in candidates with:
* A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline with at least two years of experience working with children, adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities and complex health conditions is required; OR
* A Registered Nurse with a bachelor’s degree; OR
* A Master of Public Health with at least one year of experience working with children, adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities and complex health conditions
Associate Degrees are also accepted, but only to assist Care Managers. Persons with bi-lingual skills and personal experience are highly encouraged to apply.
A referral source, individual, or family member may refer an individual by calling the telephone number below.
Little Treasures-Petits Trésors SLP, PLLC
(Health Home Care Management Program)
Fax: 718-712-3379/ 888-352-0588
Email: email@example.com Little Treasures-Petits Trésors, SLP, PLLC is a certified Health Home Care Agency with incredible history. If you’re interested in seeing if you are eligible to receive Care Management services through a Health Home, visit the website: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/medicaid_health_homes/
For who is Eligible or call us at 718-712-3358/212-996-2200.